Indeed, a 2011 study by scholars at Harvard and Tufts found that whites, on average, believed that anti-white racism was a bigger problem than anti-black racism.
Yes, you read that right!
So let me push back at what I see as smug white delusion. Here are a few reasons race relations deserve more attention, not less:
• The net worth of the average black household in the United States is $6,314, compared with $110,500 for the average white household, according to 2011 census data. The gap has worsened in the last decade, and the United States now has a greater wealth gap by race than South Africa did during apartheid. (Whites in America on average own almost 18 times as much as blacks; in South Africa in 1970, the ratio was about 15 times.)
• The black-white income gap is roughly 40 percent greater today than it was in 1967.
• A black boy born today in the United States has a life expectancy five years shorter than that of a white boy.
• Black students are significantly less likely to attend schools offering advanced math and science courses than white students. They are three times as likely to be suspended and expelled, setting them up for educational failure.
• Because of the catastrophic experiment in mass incarceration, black men in their 20s without a high school diploma are more likely to be incarcerated today than employed, according to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research. Nearly 70 percent of middle-aged black men who never graduated from high school have been imprisoned.
i havent seen ANYONE discuss what fox news said about muslims. and the growing tension towards muslims after news stations saying they’re scared of ISIS sleeper cells in the US (because muslims are always, always targeted and bombarded with surveillance and locked up and killed under false pretenses of terrorism when this happens) and it fucking scares me so fucking much.
i’m just going to leave this here
When MLK said “I they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" he was saying that ‘I hope one day that i can walk down the street without being stereotyped and killed’
Why would he be talking about white people.
In what world would be trying to fight for “white rights” or for white people to be treated ‘equally’ when they already had a majority of the power, what fucking sense does that make.
I redid it in color. Black children are denied their innocence and childhood, even in death.
oh look. She’s white.
they’re talking proportionality though, not actually saying she’s the most gorgeous being on the planet. Like idk what to tell you.
As if common POC features such as: eyes that are “too small”, lips that are “too big”, faces that are “too oblong”, noses that are “too wide” or “too long” etc. etc. don’t fit into the category of disproportionate…
As if what is considered proportionally acceptable isn’t heavily leaning in the European direction…
it’s fajr (morning prayer) time in pakistan and the protesters are still pushing forward and playing music and naat in the background
- here is an urdu livesteam from ARY news where you can watch for updates
- thousand of protesters marched to azadi square in islamabad to confront prime minister nawaz sharif and try to get him to leave his position
- here is a good list to watch on twitter if you don’t understand urdu
feel free to reblog with more resources as i’m all over the place right now
Massachusetts State Police Issue Apology for “Racial Profiling Saves Lives” Bumper Sticker, But Not Before Lying About It
Massachusetts State Police issued an apology Monday for a bumper sticker on one of their police cruisers that read: “Racial Profiling Saves Lives,” but not before lying about it.
Boston resident Chris Kantos, was walking Sunday morning and came across on official police cruiser, number 1183, and noticed an odd bumper sticker on it.
Kantos tweeted this image out immediately.
— Chris Kantos (@chriskantos) August 25, 2014
Instead of apologizing immediately, Boston PD removed the sticker and published a second image of the cruiser with no bumper sticker. Then accused Kantos of photoshopping the image.
— Mass State Police (@MassStatePolice) August 25, 2014
“Why on earth would I photoshop something like that?” Kantos asked on Twitter.
Last words of unarmed black youth gunned down by law enforcement.
"There are reasons why white gun’s rights activists can walk into a Chipotle restaurant with assault rifles and be seen as gauche nuisances while unarmed black men are killed for reaching for their wallets or cell phones, or carrying children’s toys. Guns aren’t for black people, either.”
from America is Not For Black People
“…if you live your whole life and then die without making a purposeful choice to become a white ally then American racism becomes your legacy.”
Donald Andrews Jr. A Black man and Business Owner from New York was cleared just last April After being Arrested on Drugs Charges in Scotia, New York. Police were “suspicious” of Donald Andrews Jr.’s store, which sells incense and smoking paraphernalia, and sent undercover informants several times in March. In one of the informants visits he is seen on Andrews hidden camera planting Crack Cocaine on the counter in Andrews Store.
Andrews was arrested in April 2013 and cleared only after he asked a Grand Jury to watch the surveillance footage from his store. The informant used a cellphone photo he took of the planted drugs as evidence that Andrews was dealing, leading to his arrest.
*YES THIS IS FUCKING REAL LOOK IT UP*
The police claim that the informant has now “fled” and they haven’t found his whereabouts. The sheriff “claims” his investigators didn’t purposely framed Andrews and have the “informant” out to be some rogue agent.
FYI this same “informant” has lead to seven other drug-related arrests the Report says.
Sounds like a Movie right? But yall still out here calling people “conspiracy theorists”.
Andrews is now in the process of suing NYPD.
Post Made by @solar_innerg
Nice! Stick I too em.
Police planting crack to lock up Black people is no conspiracy theory. It’s American History (1980-present).
Watch the video here. It’s indescribable